Looking at the way the demand for quick accessibility has increased, it has become additionally important that each device, application and system networks should be kept secure, whether used at work or at home.
Cybercriminals are always seeking to exploit enterprise identity systems through socially engineered attacks, compromising the credentials of legitimate users thereby gaining access to the enterprise accounts. Security is a big challenge that IT professionals and institutions face daily to make sure that the diverse landscape of users stays safe and secure for on-premise and cloud applications.
The reason why institutions and enterprises deploy identity and access management (IAM) solutions, is due to the recognized need to balance user demands against any security requirements to identify, authenticate and authorize individuals or user groups. This way institutions can establish and manage identities, giving students and enterprises the access to a plethora of applications and remote networks.
Top Highlights to Deploy IAM Solutions
As security threats grew each day, EVC Ventures noticed the gap and the necessity for the higher education space to deploy IAM systems as a centralized platform so that there is no need to manage application and user-identity separately.
EVC Ventures helped QuickLaunch, a leading Identity and Access Management platform for enterprises and higher education, set up a one-in-all pit stop for all identity-related requirements. QuickLaunch then came up with an exclusive platform known as the Identity Provider (IDP) to help institutions and enterprises centralize identity and access management using the modern-day technology.
Key Highlights of QuickLaunch Identity Provider (IDP)
- Every institution requires federation support to enable collaboration across multiple trust systems. This can be done through QuickLaunch IDP as it supports inter-connection between different computing entities.
- It also provides provisioning and de-provisioning access to applications for students and users with a central support.
- Institutions also need their directory to be integrated which can be done easily through IDP enabling a safer and faster access to applications.
- It establishes a secure authentication network supporting the most common authentication mechanisms such as CAS, SAML, OAUTH, OPEN AM and many more.
- Single-click sign-on and single-click logout is supported for all the applications thus sealing security holes for the users.
- Its self-service interface enables administrators and users to manage and have easy access to app registration and sign-in interface.
Top Reasons Why IAM Is Vital for Institutions
A centralized IAM solution helps institutions manage and facilitate a secure and efficient access to heterogeneous systems, supporting several institutional functions such as:
- IT admins can now have a centralized control for the institution to create, manage or provision or de-provision a user identity.
- IAM system provides fool-proof security when it comes to managing user identities. With role-based identity, the IDP can deprovision users when they leave the system or change the department.
- Delivering a stellar user experience by giving controlled yet easy access to hundreds of applications has never been so easy. It is important for institutions to make sure that users do not face any challenge when trying to access any application they may need to work on a daily basis.
- Identity Manager helps minimize security risks with a centralized Identity provisioning as only the users who get authenticated through IDP can access the applications and deactivate the user accounts immediately upon their leaving the institution.
- Another major benefit of an IDP is to eliminate any possibility of unauthorized applications and possible data breaches or leaks.
- It doesn’t matter the number of protocols an institution uses for the apps, it can still be supported by the Identity Provider.
- Institutions can now use a single IAM platform to manage all user access allowing administrators to perform their work more efficiently thus reduced the security cost by saving time and money.
The Bottom Line Is
As the online services grow, universities and colleges are adopting IAM in their infrastructure to ensure that the users get an authorized access to specific applications which they need, enhancing the user experience each time they log-in while providing the utmost security possible. Institutional and organizational security needs may change every day but Identity Provider can and will keep expanding to support new ways of providing a balance between infrastructure openness and security.
For more such updates follow EVC Ventures' Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook.